Last week I showed you how to create a faux crystal pendant out of clay which, if I don't say so myself, turned out rather nicely, and yes, that is still surprise you can hear in my voice. So now we have a lovely faux crystal pendant, we can use a technique called wire wrapping (or my make shift easy version, which involves superglue!) to attach it to a chain and create our very own healing stone necklace.
1. Push wire through the hole and up each end of the wire up and across the bottom of the crystal.
2. Twist each end of the wire together several times ensuring the start of the twist is as close to the crystal as possible.
3. Once the twisted wire is long enough, trim off any excess wire.
4. Create a loop in the twisted wire with round nose pliers.
5. Add a jump ring to this loop.
6. Dab superglue on the crystal just below one of the holes and stick one end of the wire here.
7. Once dry, wrap the wire around the crystal several times and glue in place on the other side of the crystal.
8. Once dry, trim the wire and push the freshly cut end (which might be a bit sharp!) down.
9. Cut your chain to length and thread it through the jump ring.
10. At one end add a jump ring and a lobster clasp and at the other add just a jump ring.
...and that's how you create a wire wrapped effect for your faux crystal!
As I said before, I think this would make a nice little (affordable!) handmade gift for friends and family - perhaps even Mother's Day - and I know myself that I would be thrilled to receive something like this from someone!
Let me know what you think in the comments below and don't forget to follow me for more arts, crafts and DIYs.