If you caught my Done List May 2016 post, you'll know that in a bid to be a bit healthier and more mindful with my list writing, I've started a monthly 'Done List' sharing snippets of the past month. These snippets might simply be things that made me happy, things I've done, things I've made or things I've achieved.
Another busy month, and to be honest a pretty tough one. It's generally been a difficult time for the UK with the London and Manchester terrorist attacks and as I'm writing this in June we've just seen another in London. But when I say difficult, I don't mean quivering in our boots afraid to leave our houses, more that its been just really sad to hear of the loss of life, and an unwelcome reminder that there really are completely awful people in the world. I hear my fair share of terrible things in my line of work, but it still doesn't lessen the shock from terrible events like this. Still, if there's one thing we Brits do well; it's rallying together, keeping calm and (stubbornly!) carrying on. In that vein, here are some snippets of my May.
1. Walking through woodlands covered in bluebells
2. Reading at my grandad's funeral (or attempting to!) and celebrating his life with family
3. Enjoying time with friends and the flowers they brought which compliment my pineapple pot perfectly!
4. Thinking of all those impacted in the UK, and around the world, by acts of terrorism
5. Making Burt the cactus (who I've managed to keep alive!) a stylish new home
6. Getting back on track with my monthly Done List posts!
7. Enjoying some lovely warm weather on the beach
8. Reading all the awesome embroidery DIY ideas out there (I'm currently obsessed!)
9. Treating myself (who else instantly thinks "treat yo' self" from Park & Recs?) to coffee and breakfast out