Valentine's day is almost here! If you're looking for a last minute, quick and easy DIY gift or after dinner treat for you and your Valentine or Galentine, then you're going to love these luxe gold heart chocolate chip cookies!
Who doesn't love chocolate to eat? Or cookies? Or... gold? That's right, gold. It's incredible what you can get to decorate your bakes these days (how old do I sound?!), and so when I had the urge to bake this weekend I knew I wanted to try this edible metallic gold dust I've had at the back of my baking cupboard for what feels like ages. I love how the gold over the chocolate makes something quite ordinary look really quite special and to be honest I haven't been able to stop eating them since I baked them. Keep reading to find out how I did it and what I used...
- 1 Egg
- 200g Cooking Chocolate
- Edible Metallic Gold Dust
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 200g Butter
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Power
1. Melt the butter and mix it with the caster sugar in a bowl with a wooden spoon.
2. Add the flour and baking power to the sugar and butter.
3. Take half of the chocolate and cut into small chunks. Fold these into the cookie mixture with your hand.
4. Add the egg and knead the mixture to create a dough.
5. Next, sprinkle some flour onto your work surface and flatten the dough out onto it using your hands.
6. Grease your baking trays using butter and pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees.
7. Cut out heart shapes and place these onto the baking tray at least a cookie width apart.
8. Put into the oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until they are slightly golden around the edges.
9. Once out the oven, you'll notice how much bigger they are. At this point, you can either leave them to cool or like I did cut out the heart shapes again whilst the cookies are still soft.
10. Leave these to cool before melting the remaining chocolate. Holding a cookie on a fork over another bowl, pour the melted chocolate over it so that it is evenly coated with chocolate all over the top and sides.
11. Put the chocolate covered cookies onto a drying rack and pop them into the fridge to set.
12. Once set, grab a brush and your edible gold glitter and lightly dust it all over.