Every year, I see other bloggers and vloggers doing some sort of Christmas countdown and every year I think to myself that I wish I had been organised enough to do one. So this year, although I still haven't been organised enough to do a countdown for the whole of December (I am also supposed to be writing my thesis!), I thought I would attempt a smaller countdown; my very own 7 Days of Blogmas. Make sure you don't miss a single post by following Isoscella on Bloglovin.
It's Day 5 of my 7 Days of Blogmas and today I am sharing with you an easy DIY necklace, which to keep things festive I've dubbed my snowball necklace. The idea for this came from a good friend during a little Christmas crafternoon I held at mine recently. After helping her make it and see how pleased she was with it (as well as how adorable it was!) I knew I just had to share it on here. This would make a great and inexpensive last minute gift for family or friends, or if you haven't yet treated yourself, an accessory for you to wear to those upcoming Christmas or New Year parties. Keep reading to find out what I used and how I did it...
1. Make a pom pom. Use this easy tutorial to create a pom pom using a fork. For a splash of festive sparkle, why not make it with glittery wool.
2. Push an eyepin through the centre of the pom pom. Push the eyepin through the pom pom until the loop at the top of it is just touching the pom pom.
3. Trim the bottom of the eyepin. Use wire cutters here to trim the end of the eyepin so that there is approximately 1cm of wire exposed.
4. Bend the wire to a 90 degree angle. Grab your flat nose pliers and bend the exposed wire at the pom pom to approximately 90 degrees.
5. Using round nose pliers, create a loop. To do this, you want to hold the end of the wire with the pliers and turn the wire away from the pom pom towards the bend in the wire until you create a loop.
6. Measure and trim the chain. For this, I'd recommend putting the chain around your neck to get a rough idea of how much you might need before cutting it with wire cutters.
7. Attach one half of the chain to each side of the pom pom. Using two sets of pliers, open up a jump ring. Loop the end of one half of the chain as well as the loop of the eyepin through the pom pom onto the jump ring before closing it. Repeat on the other side.
8. Attach a jump ring to the end of one of the chains. As above, open up a jump ring with two sets of pliers and loop on the end of one of the chains before closing it up.
9. Attach a lobster clasp to the end of the other chain. Again, open up a jump ring. Loop on the end of the other chain and a lopster clasp before closing the jump ring.
See you tomorrow for more festive arts and crafts!
Only 3 days until Christmas!!